From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Fails to login with no network connected/setup
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:16:40
1 I am having problems logging into a laptop (gdm) after its moved to a
2 new network. Its fine once its setup on the network in question, but if
3 I hibernate it then resume with it either not connected at all, or
4 connected to a new network (but not configured for it) it takes so long
5 to login to X via gdm it times out.
6
7 Its a 6+ year old install, but up to date otherwise (just did a major
8 update which is when this started - nearly 400 packages so no idea what
9 might have done it). All logins are local and no network should be
10 required. GDM looks to be correct (and hasnt changed)
11
12 Where should I look? - its obviously trying to do something on the
13 network but cant access it until its properly up and I need to login to
14 get the network up after moving it. I can get into a console and run
15 things manually, after which its fine, but that misses the point :)
16
17 BillK
20 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
21 Home in Perth!