From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Raspberry Pi & Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 15:36:34
1 Hi Gentoo-users,
2
3 I have read all articles about Raspberry Pi on Gentoo-wiki,
4 but want to ask: Is anybody here really using Gentoo on RPi?
5 Is it usable?
6
7 I have a chance of free housing for my RPi so I thought I give
8 it a try, using RPi as backup-DNS/MX (and watchdog) for my
9 primary server. Right now I'm facing two questions:
10
11 1. What is better to use as OS-storage: USB-stick or SD-card?
12 I have read horror stories about SD-cards being fried/bricked
13 quite frequently so I'm a little scared. But I never found
14 single post about problems with USB-stick...
15
16 2. What distro? Right now I'm using Gentoo on all my servers
17 but I'm not sure it is the best option for this puppy (Gentoo
18 puts quite high demands on filesystem). If I redirect all the
19 compilation work to other "mature" server (distcc/crossdev),
20 can I use even Gentoo? Or is Raspbian still the better choice?
21
22 BR,
23 Jarry
24 --
26 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
27 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.