From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [systemd] Is this a NetworkManager bug?
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 17:15:04
1 On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Be aware that /etc/init.d/functions.sh is still required by a lot of
3 > things (gcc-config, python-updater, perl-cleaner, stuff like
4 > that).They are trying to move that file to a more reasonable location;
5 > I expect it to be done in five or six years.
6
7 FYI - patches are welcome on that. I suspect that at some time we'll
8 start pushing them through if maintainers drag their feet. This
9 should be a pretty easy/safe change, but obviously we want to be
10 careful since it seems to be fairly important packages that abuse this
11 file.
12
13 Once this is done users should be able to remove openrc safely if they
14 aren't using it. At that point we might take up whether it makes
15 sense to just make the init system like the
16 bootloader/syslog/cron/kernel/etc in the handbook and have the user
17 choose which one they want.
20 Rich