From: glumtail <glumtail@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] root (/) read-only?
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:56:09
1 This happens offen in my system.
2
3 My root filesystem is reiserfs and /home is ext3, when i extract tar
4 packages it says it is a readonly filesystem.
7 On 9/27/05, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
8 > On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:30:30 +0200, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
9 >
10 > > > One thing I noticed is that I get an error message upon sstartup about
11 > > > not being able to find fsck.xfs upon startup for /dev/hda4 (my root
12 > > > partition).
13 > >
14 > > Install it, asap. But before, boot into a LiveCD and fsck.xfs /dev/hda4
15 > > from there.
16 >
17 > It wouldn't do much
18 >
19 > [nelz@hactar iso]$ whatis fsck.xfs
20 > fsck.xfs [fsck] (8) - do nothing, successfully
21 >
22 > You need to use xfscheck for this. emerge xfsprogs and check out your
23 > filesystem.
26 > --
27 > Neil Bothwick
28 >
29 > In possession of a mind not merely twisted, but actually sprained.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list