From: Jan Ubben <mail@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wpa_supplicant with madwifi partially stopped working after remerge
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:39:21
1 > Now the modules do correctly (I suppose) create the needed devices and
2 > the init scripts pull the interface up. But the boot messages complain
3 > about not having set WEP-Keys, which are set in the config file residing
4 > at /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf. That results in my WLAN is
5 > associated to an unsecured access point in my area.
6
7 I solved my problem. After the initial and working configuration for
8 wpa_supplicant I also installed the wireless-tools. It was simply
9 curiousity about the user interface of the latter. Sadly I forgot to
10 unmerge it after playing around. Since the wireless-tools are preferred
11 over wpa_supplicant by default the next boot tried to use the
12 unconfigured wireless-tools.
13
14 Greetings
15