From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Udev update and persistent net rules changes
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 19:37:39
1 On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 13:44:18 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I'm just hoping people will be able to find a solution to this that
4 > works well for them. I especially wish that for those managing a remote
5 > system with little or no physical access.
6
7 Well I just updated a headless box, followed the instructions in the news
8 article and it just worked. I now have net0 instead of eth0. What the
9 article didn't mention was that if you change your interface names, you
10 have to create a new symlink in /etc/init.d and add it to the default
11 runlevel. I'm glad I spotted that one before rebooting :)
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 When told the reason for Daylight Saving time the old Indian said...
18 "Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a
19 blanket And sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket."