From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What gives with all these file collisions?
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 06:27:48
1 On 02/06/2017 08:23, Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > I'm trying to emptytree my system because GCC update because I need to
3 > reboot because Nvidia-drivers segfaulted and broke a 2-month endurance
4 > run on my new mobo of my number theory code, set to use 15 hyperthreads
5 > and 25gb of ram...
8 > I'm getting lots of package failures due to file collisions and it's
9 > really starting to get annoying, I mean how am I supposed to fix:
10 >
11 > without spending all day and all night cut-pasting filenames into
12 > another terminal and running rm on them...
13
14 Well, it won't be all day and all night. More like 5 minutes.
15 Less than 1 if you know how to use an editor, for, cat, rm and/or xargs.
16
17 Or you could use Ubuntu.
20 Alan McKinnon
21 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com