From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Robert Crawford <flacycads@×××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] partitioning from Knoppix
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 17:29:41
1 Robert Crawford wrote:
2 > I'm virtually certain re-writing the partition table is going to require a
3 > reboot.
4
5 Just umount everything and re-write the partition table. No reboot needed. I
6 did it hundred of times.
9 > BTW, over the years I've had several drives with the "over 1024" cylinder
10 > message, and it has never been a problem with many versions of linux,
11 > including Gentoo, so that shouldn't be a problem using any modern distro.
14 That's a limitation of the BIOS. Some BIOS are not able to read past the 1023
15 cylinder, but it's not a problem anymore.
18 Best Regards,
21 Norberto Bensa
22 4544-9692
23 Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina