From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Filtering spam for a business address
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:14:34
1 > > Does anyone use a spam-filtering solution they think is accurate
2 > > enough to use with a business email address? I'm getting tons of spam
3 > > and I'd really like to try and filter it out, but I need to make sure
4 > > I don't miss any legitimate email. I'm using postfix and
5 > > courier-imap.
6 > >
7 > > - Grant
8 >
9 > Greylisting because it doesn't filter anything it merely delays email
10 > with a temp 450 error. Real emails retry after an interval and spam does
11 > not so it eliminates about 90-95%. Couple with reasonable Postfix checks
12 > like making sure the sender domain exists, etc and a mail client with
13 > internal filtering. With the above in place I see maybe 1-2 actual spams
14 > in my inbox a week and averaging about eight a day in my spam folder.
15 >
16 > Postgrey is in portage and it'll take you about almost two full minutes
17 > to get setup and working. I suggest making the the greylist time 30
18 > seconds and the whitelist time 32 days.
19 >
20 > kashani
21
22 That sounds really nice. Would you say sending back a 450 error is
23 100% reliable? Which config option makes postfix check to see if the
24 sender domain exists. I can't find it in /etc/postfix/main.cf.
25
26 - Grant
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list