From: Samuraiii <samurai.no.dojo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] VPN vs LAN address hostname resolution
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 16:36:55
1 Hello,
2
3 I am trying to get hostname address resolution on my LAN and VPN with
4 one serious problem:
5 I have two "networks" eg. 10.1.1.0 and 10.2.2.0 which are representing
6 local address space for LAN (10.1.1.0/8) and VPN address space (10.2.2.0/8).
7 Every host has its own address "suffix" (eg. host foo has LAN address
8 10.1.1.3 and vpn address 10.2.2.3).
9 I would like to setup some sort resolution which would account for
10 availability of host on LAN:
11 If host foo is in same LAN and host bar the connection would be carried
12 through LAN interface with LAN address and NOT (as avahi is trying to
13 do) using VPN connection which is connecting through remote server and
14 is therefore *a lot* slower than LAN connection.
15 The LAN address is not available always but VPN is.
18 So my question is there something which would do this almost same as
19 avahi but would be capable of prioritizing interface/address?
20
21 Thank you for advice in advance
22 S