From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wireless dropping connections
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 18:34:40
1 On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 01:29:43PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > I'm using wicd-1.7.2.4-r1 and a NetGear DGN2200M v2 wireless AP
3 > (802.11n)
4 >
5 > Several times a day, this thing just drops wireless. I doubt it's my
6 > laptop as other devices in the house also get affected. When this
7 > happens I usually manually reconnect using wicd, it can do this
8 > automatically but there's a long timeout first before it realizes the
9 > connection was dropped.
10
11 ack on the interference...
12
13 Last year we experienced this identical problem, and changed the router to
14 channel 11. It was the cordless phone on the same channel for us.
15 --
16 Happy Penguin Computers >')
17 126 Fenco Drive ( \
18 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^