From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Print server with hplip
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 17:11:24
1 I've been using a print and scan server with an Epson printer/scanner
2 for a long time. I'm trying to set up the same thing with an HP and
3 I've got everything working except remote printing. Local printing,
4 local scanning and remote scanning work, but not remote printing. I
5 have the client's IP in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and the server's IP in
6 /etc/cups/client.conf but the client won't pick up the server's HP for
7 printing.
8
9 Could there be any extra configuration required for remote printing
10 when switching from gutenprint (I think) to hplip? I had to add saned
11 to the lp group on the server before I could get remote scanning to
12 work (not required with the Epson), and I'm wondering if there could
13 be a similar detail I'm overlooking with remote printing.
14
15 - Grant