From: Joshua Doll <joshua.doll@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I find 2nd network adapter?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 16:55:53
1 On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi Gentoo-users,
4 >
5 > I added the 2nd network adapteer to my gentoo-box and I want
6 > to use it. But... I do not know how it is called!
7 >
8 > ifconfig shows only the one adapter I had, called "enp3s0".
9 > I remember some time ago I moved from "human" network names
10 > (i.e. eth0) to this and now I see the first disadvantage:
11 > while before I could guess new network name (probably eth1,
12 > eth2, etc), now I can not. I tried "enp4s0", "enp3s1",
13 > "enp4s1" but I always get only "No such device" error.
14 >
15 > I checked gentoo-handbook but it works with those old & good
16 > network devices (eth0, eth1).
17 >
18 > So how can I find name of the new network adapter?
19 >
20 > Jarry
21 > --
23 > This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
24 > Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.
28 What does ifconfig -a return? Did you try grepping dmesg for eth[0-9]?
29
30 --Joshua D Doll