From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Reinstall
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 16:45:42
1 And sometimes if you use --binpkg-respect-use=n and/or --with-bdeps=n you can jostle it into using more of the binaries on both passes.
2
3 Additionally, you can use the ebuild command directly to force it to just install things without checking all the dependencies, that's sometimes handy for breaking cycles too.
4
5 Do pay careful attention to the merge order though. Make sure any updates to glibc happen first or else you'll wedge your system pretty badly. Having static-compiled busybox installed as a backup is often a good idea.
6
7 Alternatively, fully update the system before putting in your world file, and then instead of copying in the world file all at once just run a loop to emerge the lines in it one at a time.
8
9 LMP
10
11 -----Original Message-----
12 From: David Palao <palao@×××××××××××××××××.de>
13 Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 5:26 AM
14 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
15 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reinstall
16
17 Hi,
18
19 What I would suggest is to try yo emerge @world first with a reduced list of USE flags, maybe the default, and after success you could introduce back the wanted USE flags and emerge @world once more.
20
21 It could be a bit too much compilation, but if you have already binary packages, it will not be so expensive the second round, IMHO.
22
23 Best
24