From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd and lvm
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:29:42
1 On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Robin Atwood
2 <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > Having observed all the ranting, I thought I would try systemd on a laptop.
4 > It actually seems to work quite well and it is a lot faster. However I am
5 > having trouble getting my LVM partitions mounted. I installed the LVM
6 > service unit from the Gentoo Wiki but it never completes, timing-out on a
7 > job that mounts /var. The VG is actually created by an initramfs and when
8 > systemd dumps you out to the emergency shell you can use lvs to see the
9 > volumes, /dev/mapper has all the correct devices and "dmsetup ls" shows the
10 > LVs. In fact, everything appears as it should, the partitions just don't get
11 > mounted. I circumvented this by putting "mount -a" in the lvm.service unit,
12 > which then completes and the mount jobs time-out. Everything seems to be OK
13 > but it is a bit of a kludge. One thing I notice is:
17 > # udevadm info -p /dev/mapper/vg00-rootfs -q all
18 >
19 > syspath not found
23 > Udev seems not to know about the LVs. Any ideas?
24
25 How did you create your initramfs? Have you tried dracut, with
26 DRACUT_MODULES="lvm"?
27
28 Regards.
29 --