From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --depclean wants to remove required packages
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:59:51
1 On 2/26/07, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > At this point you really should know not to top-post, Mark.
3
4 A childish plea for attention. Sorry! (But it worked!) ;-) Really sorry!
5 >
6 <SNIP>
7 > > > libtool: link: warning:
8 > > > `/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../..//libbonobo-activation.la'
9 > > > seems to be moved
10 >
11 > > Bo,
12 > > I'm wondering if you (or anyone else) have any comments on the
13 > > causes of the link warnings at the bottom of this post? What might the
14 > > cause be?
15 >
16 > It does seem to be a regularly reoccurring question...
17 >
18 > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/172781
19
20 OK, I'm reading through the thread. It's a bit over my head but the
21 main points I see are:
22
23 1) Try libtool --finish since it may have been recommended in an
24 install message that we didn't see. OK, but not sure how to run it, or
25 on what library exactly so I won't do this until I exhaust other
26 options.
27
28 2) You answered in this thread but seemed to finish asking the
29 question "Why do you think this matters?" As a user type the answer is
30 because we don't want to see warnings that we users don't understand.
31
32 3) Possibly do a patch. Not interested in that solution.
33
34 Anyway, I've been searching in the forums but don't spot anything specific.
35
36 Confused on how to proceed.
37
38 <SNIP>
39 >
40 > > The machine has been running fine until this recent Evolution upgrade.
41 > > Now no version of Evolution in portage will work. they all crash
42 > > immediately.
43 >
44 > Also entirely unrelated.
45 >
46 OK, that's disappointing. I did post about this problem last week but
47 got no responses. :-(
48
49 Thanks,
50 Mark