From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] before I upgrade the kernel
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 03:23:42
1 On Wednesday 12 October 2005 04:50, Dave Nebinger wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 11 October 2005 10:39 pm, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 > > Hand copiing and editing grub.conf/menu.lst is just not needed.
4 >
5 > Come on, Volker, don't begrudge me a little fun ;-)
6 >
7 > I like seeing my 12 kernels listed all nice and neat in the list. Maybe
8 > one day I'll have a need to revert back to that 2.6.11 kernel. Probably
9 > not, but at least I know it's 2.6.11 and not 'current kernel' vs 'previous
10 > kernel'.
11
12 at that point hitting 'e' and editing the command prompt should be sufficient
13 and funny enough ;)
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list