From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sorting soundcards...
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 00:14:51
1 On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:49 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > it seems that snd-hda-intel no longer supports vid= and pid=, since
3 > there messages "unknown parameter" in the bootlog.
4 > Also I dont find any product ids when grepping in /sys/.
5 > or with lspci -vv.
6 > I am using Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.24.
7 > on a vanilla linux 2.6.39.1 kernel...
8
9 Hmm, it's strange because I'm using the same kernel exactly, but don't
10 have any error. I think you're correct that vid/pid options don't
11 exist for hda-intel. Maybe it's only a coincidence that it ever worked
12 for me in the correct order. Keeping USB from becoming first was the
13 biggest problem for me. Anyway, to get the VID/PID you could use
14 lspci with the "-nn" option to show both name and numeric form. But
15 that does not matter now. :)
16
17 I think the correct option for HDA module (instead of vid/pid) is "id"
18 which is a text identifier. To get the ID of your card, you can do
19 like follows, and hope they are different... I don't know what you can
20 do if they are both the same.
21
22 $ cat /proc/asound/card0/id
23 Intel
24 $ cat /proc/asound/card1/id
25 NVidia
26
27 So in my case, one card is called "Intel" and other is "NVidia". I
28 think I will change my modprobe options to be like this instead:
29
30 options snd-intel-hda model=intel-x58,auto enable_msi=1,0 index=0,1
31 id=Intel,NVidia
32 options snd-usb-audio index=2
33
34 (I did not try it yet)
35
36 Hopefully that method can work for you, too.
37
38 Otherwise, udev rules /should/ be the last way to determine the order,
39 but I have not done that.