From: James Colby <jcolby@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] sys-fs/device-mapper
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:39:34
1 All -
2
3 I am trying to emerge sys-fs/device-mapper on an older piece of
4 hardware (AMD Duron 800, with 512Mb of Ram). The package has been
5 compiling for something like 8 hours already. Is this normal? It
6 seems like an awfully long time to me. As a comparison, I was able to
7 compile the kernel in about 15 minutes. If this isn't normal, any
8 ideas as to what the problem could be. I didn't see anything on
9 bugs.gentoo.org.
10
11 Thanks,
12 James
15 In case it matters my make.conf looks like this:
16
17 CFLAGS="-mtune=athlon -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer"
18 CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
19 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
20 USE="-arts -ipv6 apache2 mysql pam ssl xml xml2 -gnome -gtk alsa oss
21 nvidia -cups mmx -ldap -kde -qt -kde nptl nptlonly"
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list