From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What trouble am I creating by commenting entries in [...]/packag.mask
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 19:45:12
1 What will it do when a package that won't emerge due to masking when you
2 have ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" set in /etc/make.conf and you comment out
3 the entries in /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask about it?
4
5 I want to install xvidtune but it is masked along with dozens of
6 dependancies for this reason:
7
8 # Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> (07 Aug 2005)
9 # Modularized X, upstream release candidates
10
11 It starts like this:
12
13 Calculating dependencies
14 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "xvidtune" have been masked.
15 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
16 - x11-apps/xvidtune-1.0.1 (masked by: package.mask)
17
18 But as I comment out the entries there are always more that turn up
19 when I run emerge xvidtune again. I've commented about 8 so
20 far.... but haven't done any real installing just seeing where this
21 goes and need some coaching from someone who better understands what I
22 might be getting into.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list