From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: unmerge boo_boo
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 05:47:50
1 On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 12:38 AM, »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> wrote:
2 > In <loom.20081031T050157-424@××××××××××.org>,
3 > James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Well,
6 >>
7 >> I've done it now, being in too big of a hurry.
8 >>
9 >> After an emerge --sync, and the blocking packages, I
10 >> got in a hurry, did not think and ran:
11 >>
12 >> emerge --unmerge sys-libs/ss sys-libs/com_err
13 >> sys-fs/e2fsprogs sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs
16 >> So now I cannot emerge anything to fix this.
17 >>
18 >> Here I tried (re) emerge wget:
19 >>
20 >> Downloading
21 >> 'ftp://rm.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/gnuftp/gnu/wget/wget-1.11.1.tar.bz2'
22 >> wget: error while loading shared libraries: libcom_err.so.2: cannot
23 >> open shared object file: No such file or directory
26 >> Can I just copy some file over from another amd64 machine?
27 >>
28 >> If so, which ones exactly?
31 >> If not, any other ideas to fix this?
32 >
33 > It's com_err you need to make wget work again. Using 'emerge -fpv
34 > com_err' should get you a list of URL(s) for the file(s) needed, then
35 > you can use a web browser to download them and put them in your
36 > distfiles/ directory. (Or if you've got them on the other machine,
37 > just copy them from there.)
38 >
39 > After you have com_err installed, use 'emerge -fuDN' to to get
40 > everything you need to upgrade before you unmerge the blockers again.
41
42 Well, com_err broken openssl which broke wget with "ssl" USE flag set.
43 I forgot to mention that part. :)
44
45 Disable "ssl" USE flag when you rebuild wget, then you can download
46 everything else you need to rebuild. When you're done, you can rebuild
47 wget with SSL and should probably do a revdep-rebuild to see if
48 anyhing else got missed. If you don't have the current wget sources in
49 distfiles, see if you have /any/ and try to rebuild the exact version,
50 that way you don't need to download manually or copy from another PC.
51
52 Paul