From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kdelibs -plasma -webkit
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:54:27
1 ABCD <en.ABCD <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > You almost certainly want +plasma, as in this case +plasma means "build
6 > the base libraries required for plasma", which means if you don't, the
7 > desktop and panel won't work anymore. I'm not sure about webkit, but
8 > that would probably be another, "if in doubt, enable".
9
10 OK, let's play along....
11
12 I have both "webkit" and plasma in my make.conf file.
13
14 So upon checking for updates, I get:
15
16 [ebuild R ] kde-base/kdelibs-4.2.1-r3 USE="3dnow acl alsa bzip2 fam jpeg2k
17 mmxnls opengl semantic-desktop spell sse sse2 ssl (-altivec) -bindist -debug
18 -doc -kdeprefix -kerberos -openexr -test -zeroconf (-plasma%) (-webkit%*)" 0 kB
22 Hmmmmm,
25 It looks to me as though this version of kdelibs indeed
26 uses plasma and webkit but want to delete them, or is
27 this portages way of telling that theses are no longer
28 valid flags.
29
30 If so are they no long valid for kdelibs (in which case
31 I leave them in make.conf) or are they completely
32 deprecated flages (and hence I should removed them
33 from make.conf)?
34
35 Obviously, the forest has move again, whilst I slept.....
39 James