From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net-libs/gnutls-3.7.2 fails to verify some certificates (duplicate server certificate?)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 23:14:47
1 OK, here's something.
2
3 I changed my stable version of ca-certificates from -cacert to cacert,
4 and now I get the same failure you do. So - it's due to either
5 something in nss-cacert-class1-class3-r2.patch which only gets applied
6 if that USE flag is set, or to something else only done when that USE
7 flag is set.
8
9 I don't understand it, but it's a place to start - and note the note in
10 the ebuild:
11
12 # When triaging user reports, refer to our wiki for tips:
13 # https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Certificates#Debugging_certificate_issues