From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Jacques Montier <jmontier@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD configuration
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 16:32:02
1 Am Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 16:36:06 schrieb Jacques Montier:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I bought a 250Go SSD M4 Crucial , read (of course) Gentoo documentation and
5 > installed the drive on my desktop pc (Asus MB, Intel ie7 and 6Go RAM).
6 >
7 > 1- Everything seems to work perfectly, but i would like to know if my
8 > configuration is ok or could be optimized.
9 >
10 > /tmp and /var/log are on tmpfs
11
12 not good. /tmp good, /var/log really not good. Do I have to explain it or do
13 you can think of some reasons for yourself? Really, /var/log is a lot more
14 important than /var/tmp.
15
16 You could put /var/tmp/portage onto tmpfs
17
18 > /boot, / and /var are on SSD (sda),
19 > swap, /home, /usr/portage, /var/tmp and /var/log on a 1To SATA HDD (sdb)
20
21 ok, I would put /var on the hdd and /home on the ssd with all bigger data on
22 the hdd (like pics, ogg, movies)
23
24 > 2- When booting, BIOS seems to detect the SSD as IDE not SATA ; anything
25 > wrong ?
28 yes
31 #163933