From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GUI installer freezes, hard drive problem?
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:01:06
1 Grant schrieb:
2
3 >I'm trying to run the Gentoo GUI installer on a desktop of mine from
4 >the 2006.0 LiveCD. It freezes as soon as I click "Forward" to go to
5 >the "Partitioning" section. How can I figure out what's going on? Is
6 >there a test I can run on the hard drive to see if there's a hardware
7 >problem causing this? Windows 98 is installed on it right now.
8 >
9 >- Grant
13 The installer seems "a little" unstable. Some users call it
14 not-working-crap, others really have succeeded in installing a system.
15 Try the normal installation. There is a really nice installation-manual
16 available on gentoo.org.
17
18 Norman
19 --