From: "Hervé Guillemet" <hg@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mouse wheel makes firefox hang
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 08:07:33
1 Hello,
2
3 After a recent system update I get this annoying strange behavior: when
4 scrolling in a firefox or thunderbird window with the mouse wheel, the
5 full X interface freezes for some seconds, then a system beep is emitted
6 and the interface unfreezes, but most of the time the mouse cursor
7 becomes invisible. I must restart X to get it back.
8 Scrolling with scrollbars or arrow keys works.
9 Scrolling with wheels in others apps like terminals works too.
10 No useful message in syslog, dmesg or console.
11
12 I tried various things, like downgrading firefox and thunderbird to the
13 version I used before the upgrade, compiling without the system-libXX
14 use flags, downgrading the nvidia drivers, upgrading the kernel, etc...
15 without success.
16
17 Any idea ?
20 Hervé