From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS problem
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 15:21:53
1 On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 06:11:12 GMT J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > What happens when you remove the IPv6 adresses from the NFS config? As you
3 > are using IPv4, those should not be needed.
4
5 After losing my little server I decided to recommission another box I had
6 handy. It's a four-core, 64-bit Celeron box, so it's a lot more powerful than
7 the Atom. Then I tested using that as NFS host and this box as NFS client.
8
9 I tried removing all references to IPv6 under /etc on both machines, but still
10 got "No such file or directory." So I recompiled both kernels without IPv6,
11 shut down the DSL router and checked that no IPv6 addresses were present on
12 the two-machine LAN. I still got the same error.
13
14 Ergo, IPv6 is a red herring, and I'm left with some misconfiguration of NFS
15 between the two machines. Everything is now as I wrote the first time, except
16 for IPv6 addresses which are all commented out pro tem.
19 Regards,
20 Peter.