From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge @preserved-rebuild EVEN IF some needed package is masked
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 00:52:28
1 Peter Ruskin wrote:
2 > On Sunday 10 January 2010 23:45:13 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Stroller wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On 10 Jan 2010, at 19:05, Neil Bothwick wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>>> ...
9 >>>>> Most reasonable people
10 >>>>> agree that KDE should have supported KDE 3 for at least a few
11 >>>>> more months.
12 >>>>>
13 >>>> Do you have a citation for that? Preferably one that doesn't
14 >>>> define reasonable people as those that think KDE 3.5 should
15 >>>> still be developed :)
16 >>>>
17 >>> reasonable people = those who agree with me.
18 >>>
19 >> Not really, those who said that BEFORE I started having problems
20 >> at all.
21 >>
22 >> Dale
25 > Dale, I felt the same as you when they dropped KDE1 for 2, then
26 > again when they dropped KDE2 for 3 and now that they've dropped
27 > KDE3. We get used to a way of working and don't like the change.
28 >
29 > Having loved KDE1 I've got used to KDE3, even though some things
30 > don't work as well as in KDE1 - a lot of things have been included
31 > that weren't there before (K3B for instance).
32 >
33 > I've learnt to be irritated by this but accept it as inevitable.
36 Again, I am being misunderstood. This is not because I don't like KDE
37 4. Even when it first came out and was buggy as heck, I thought it was
38 cool. Heck, I'm looking forward to using KDE 4, whenever it works and
39 does what I need a GUI to do. It's not change that bugs me at all.
40
41 Just to clarify here, I'm not against KDE 4 at all.
42
43 Dale
44