From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Print PDF or PS files
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 03:00:32
1 In: XFCE4 home folder menu: Edit -> Configure Custom Action
2 I have entered: Print PDF or PS files
3 command: lpr %N
4
5 However, the above command: lpr %N is only good if the PDF or PS files have standard Letter size format.
6 If a PDF/PS file contains pages that are different sizes or rotated the output doesn't looks good. Print is cut off etc.
7
8 I have to open the file with "evince" and print it. I was trying to sent a print job via "evince" without opening the file form a commands line, but I don't
9 think it is possible.
10
11 I've "Adobe Reader 9" but I can not even print correctly standard documents, something is messed up; the orientation is not correct.
14 Joseph