From: Kalkin Sam <mail@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: creating ssh account without directory browsing
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 17:16:08
1 Hi,
2
3 Young padawan Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com> spoke:
4
5 > Everytime I uncomment: "ChrootDirectory /work" and I try to connect, I
6 > receive this message on the console:
7 >
8 > Write failed: Broken pipe
11 > Any ideas?!
12
13 Yes RTFM and Google :)
14
15 man sshd_config and look at ChrootDirectory entry:
16 <cite> All components of the pathname must be root-owned directories
17 that are not writable by any other user or group. After the chroot,
18 sshd(8) changes the working directory to the user's home
19 directory</cite>
20
21 Here an Ubuntu forum which handles the same problem:
22 http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1482005
23
24 kalkin-
27 Paranoid sein heisst frei sein