From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB permission/owner - change not allowed as root
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 04:12:00
1 On 12/29/13 21:41, Dale wrote:
2 >Joseph wrote:
3 >> After recent upgrade when I mount my USB and try as root:
4 >>
5 >> chown joseph:users /media/stick/Ancient-Electricity_new.ppt chown:
6 >> changing ownership of ‘/media/stick/Ancient-Electricity_new.ppt’:
7 >> Operation not permitted
8 >>
9 >> file ownership is:
10 >> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5796864 Mar 6 2013 Ancient-Electricity_new.ppt
13 >Is it mounted Read Only? It's the only thing I can think of. I'm not
14 >sure if that would keep it from changing it if it is either.
15
16 For some reason or another the system doesn't like my fstab entry:
17 /dev/sdb1 /media/stick auto noauto,rw,users 0 0
18
19 I like consistent volume naming so I have the above entry in my fstab
20 When I remove this like it mounts read/write with correct permissions/ownership; why?
23 Joseph