From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Shared libraries in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 19:12:44
1 2010/9/7 Ajai Khattri <ajai@××××.net>:
2 > On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Al wrote:
3 >
4 >>> When you say Gentoo, do you mean Portage? Remember Windows has a lot of
5 >>> limitations that WILL get in your way so dont be surprised when things
6 >>> break.
7 >>
8 >> I am specially interested in Gentoo because it is not another linux
9 >> distribution, but an administration tool to build your own sources and
10 >> it's scope is wider than linux.
11 >
12 > Which doesn't actually answer the question...
13
14 Yes, I mean Portage, with the Gentoo Prefix overlay and hence without
15 the Linux kernel to be most precise. Gentoo Prefix lives on the second
16 floor. However with that it leaves the scope of gentoo-user.
17
18 For now I was interested to find out how it works in the standard
19 case. From there I have to conquer the exotic worlds mostly on my own.
20
21 Al