From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New kernel and udev
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:34:20
1 Roy Wright wrote:
2
3 > # For booting Linux with udev
4 > title Gentoo Latest with udev
5 > root (hd0,0)
6 > kernel (hd0,0)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda3 udev gentoo=nodevfs
9 Change to:
10 kernel (hd0,0)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda3
14 > I believe (according to the Gentoo udev Guide) that "Gentoo Latest"
15 > ought to boot with udev. It doesn't. Instead it boots with devfs.
16 > Note, both udevd and devfsd are running:
19 Looking through /sbin/rc, gentoo will disable udev if any of the
20 following are true:
21
22 1. RC_DEVICES is set to "devfs".
23 2. The kernel command line contains "noudev".
24 3. The kernel version is less than 2.6.0.
25 4. /sbin/udev does not exist or is not an executable file
26 5. The file /dev/.devfsd exists.
27
28 Since the first 3 definitely do not apply, and you seem to have emerged
29 udev, my guess is you probably need to remove /dev/.devfsd to enable udev.
30
31 -Richard
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list