From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: terrible performance with btrfs on LVM2 using a WD 2TB green drive
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:28:28
1 Bill Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
4 > I have recently added a WD 2TB green drive to two systems and am finding
5 > terrible performance with btrfs on an LVM using these drives.
6
7 Hmmmm, I've been contemplating btrfs on some new installs
8 with the eventual goal of a CEPH network file system, on top
9 of ext4 and/or btrfs. Is this issue just with the drivers, or
10 related to btrfs too?
11
12 How is btrfs , from the "driver's seat"?
13
14 Does this aberration you detail, extend to the Green Seagate 2T drives?
15
16 > I just saw on the mythtv list about the sector size problem these drives
17
18 Can you give a precise link to this list or can I follow it (read only)
19 via net news? (if so what is the news group name)?
20
21 I'd like to read up on this issue, as I have several gentoo installs
22 (very soon) that will have RAID1 using (2) ST 2T green drives.
23
24 Alternative RAID configs and performance/reliability results is
25 also of keen interest to many; so thanks for posting about these
26 issues.
29 James