From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: can one tell me: gentoo vs opensuse
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 10:34:20
1 On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 10:09:27 +0100
2 Håkon Alstadheim <hakon@×××××××××××××××.no> wrote:
3
4 > > They really are. When you have great documentaion, a shell, and a
5 > > keyboard that *is* user-friendly! ;)!
8 > It tells you something that quite often when I google for
9 > "some-problem-description" and debian/ubuntu/suse/windows/whatever,
10 > quite often the only hits to come up are gentoo-related. On debian
11 > the gentoo answer is usually useful, on ubuntu ... well, 'nuff sed.
12
13 It's not just the Gentoo docs, it's this very list here too.
14
15 The fellow who sits two desks away from me reckons he's lost count of
16 the number of times Google finds the exact answer he's looking for in a
17 post to gentoo-user :-)
18
19 He has many machines, only one of them runs Gentoo. But we still are
20 the ones who come up with answers.
24 Alan McKinnnon
25 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com