From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ebuilds for the following packages are either all masked or don't exist
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:19:48
1 On Tue, 29 May 2007 01:37:20 -0700, Daevid Vincent wrote:
2
3 > Calculating world dependencies -
4 > !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all masked or don't
5 > exist:
6 > net-analyzer/ntop net-www/gentoo-webroot-default
7 > media-fonts/font-bitstream-75dpi net-analyzer/bwm-ng virtual/x11
8 > media-video/came media-fonts/font-adobe-utopia-100dpi
9 > media-fonts/font-bitstream-100dpi
10 >
11 > When I see this message, is the short answer, "emerge --unmerge" each of
12 > them because they're just dead packages?
13
14 Removing files as root is rarely a short answer to anything but "How do
15 I break my system?". If the ebuild has been removed and you delete the
16 package, how will you install it again when you realise you need it?
17
18 The answer is to read the message, ebuilds have been removed OR masked.
19 In the case f the two I checked, all versions are keyworded ~x86. Check
20 the status of each one on packages.gentoo.org and make the appropriate
21 changes to /etc/portage/package.keywords, or remove the packages once you
22 know why you are getting this message and understand the consequences.
23
24 Bear in mind that removing (or masking) an ebuild from portage does not
25 stop the package working.
29 Neil Bothwick
30
31 Windows Error #02: Multitasking attempted. System confused.