From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} GPG: pub & sec keys required to decrypt?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 17:59:02
1 Am Dienstag, 9. September 2008 19:24:27 schrieb Grant:
2
3 > Can I configure this so that I don't have the two keys on the same
4 > system?
5
6 Well, on the machine where you created the key pair, you would have to export
7 one of them and then delete it from the local keyring. But why should you?
8
9 > I'd like encrypt with my remote system and decrypt with my
10 > local system.
11
12 Then you need the public key on the remote system.
13
14 > Is that possible?
15
16 Yes.
17
18 > It seems like importing my private key also imports the public key.
19
20 Only if you also exported both (to the same file). However, nothing keeps you
21 from removing one of them again after import.
22
23 HTH...
24
25 Dirk