From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Removing Firefox "Pocket" (Built-In Adware)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 02:31:02
1 Hello,
2
3 My apologies if this has come up on the list or there is already an
4 extant answer elsewhere (or if the question doesn't apply, which might
5 be the case).
6
7 I am not sure how to describe Pocket, but it is advertising that is
8 prominently featured in the "New Tabs" page. The configuration setting
9 is also prominently featured in the settings page which it is located.
10
11 I would like to know if there is any recourse. I have disabled it, but
12 it is still present in the menus. It looks like it generates a unique
13 advertising ID, which I have cleared in "about:config."
14
15 Cheers,
16 R0b0t1