From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel compile error
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:55:31
1 I would try these steps:
2
3 1. Download an upstream (not gentoo) 4.9.76 kernel source and unpack it.
4
5 2. Take the existing .config (from the failed genkernel attempt) and
6 copy it into the newly unpacked tree.
7
8 3. make silentoldconfig
9
10 4. make menuconfig just for verification; no changes should be necessary
11
12 5. build the kernel the normal upstream way (make vmlinuz or whatever)
13
14 If this works, it is a genkernel problem.
15
16 Myself, I stopped using gerkernel about 2 months into my gentoo life.
17 It doesn't really bring anything to the table worth the extra
18 complexity. Even if I were an initramfs user, I'd prefer dracut for
19 that part.
22 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
23 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
24 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
25 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.