From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting CFLAGS for a single build
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 14:32:24
1 I did the build the non-persistent way and ran my program with the
2 debugger. When I got to the breakpoint for the the library function it
3 says "no line number". See the following from gdb.
4
5 3271 pobj=xmlXPathEvalExpression(tag, pctx);
6 (gdb)
7
8 Breakpoint 3, 0x00002ab4493e4480 in xmlXPathEvalExpression ()
9 from /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2
10 (gdb)
11 Single stepping until exit from function xmlXPathEvalExpression,
12 which has no line number information.
13
14 Does this mean the source was removed after the emerge? If so how can I
15 keep the source.
16
17 Also I like the idea of using "/etc/portage/env/category/package" but
18 I'm not sure what to do since I don't have the env directory. Would I
19 just do a mkdir -p /etc/portage/env/dev-libs/ and create a file called
20 libxml2 with CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -g2" in it?
21
22 Thanks all,
23
24 Dave
29 Sebastian Magri wrote:
30 > You can use the "/etc/portage/env/category/package" to declare environment
31 > variables for specific packages...
32 >