From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gentoo handbook
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 18:49:04
1 I found this out by means of documentation in the handbook pointing at it
2 but not being explicit about it.
3 # eselect profile show
4 during a new install is what you run to find what distribution your
5 distribution iso uses.
6 Also you will do best to select a matching profile for first time
7 installation.
8 The handbook danced around that second point.
9
10 Probably the cause for me running into so much difficulty converting from
11 openrc to systemd is there is no path for systems using systemd unless
12 they're using uefi and going multi-user also, I tried doing the conversion
13 during installation and not as a post-install job.
14 If such is the case, perhaps systemd article ought to be categorized as a
15 post-install option for those with uefi either running or able to run on
16 their equipment.
17 More later as I figure it out.
21 -- United States has 633 Billionaires with only 10 doing any annual
22 significant giving.