From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost "middle click opens links" in KDE/Firefox combo - anyone else?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 04:51:08
1 On 30/1/20 1:41 pm, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >     Yesterday afternoon, and for the last ??? years, I could be using
4 > Firefox, within KDE and with a Logitech M560[1] mouse, middle click on a
5 > link and a new tab would open containing the link.
6 >
7 >     I did an "emerge world", which included some KDE stuff, but not
8 > Firefox, last night and this morning, this functionality is now gone.
9 > Has anyone else got this problem or come across it being mentioning in
10 > their wanderings of the web?
11 >
12 >     Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
13 >
14 >         Andrew
21 > [1] https://tinyurl.com/u9vxqdy
24 Well it appears it's the kernel.... Boot into my environment with the
25 5.4.14 kernel, bring up FF and then happily go "middle button clicking"
26 on links. Tabs with the appropriate links start popping up everywhere,
27 as expected.
28
29 Shutdown then restart using the 5.5.0 kernel and try "middle button
30 clicking" and it fails. I'll have to do some more checking but it looks
31 like that is the problem.
32
33 Andrew