From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: libvdpau (?)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:14:13
1 On 26/03/10 20:02, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
4 >> Is there a file anywhere that I can edit, which mandates that to use the
5 >> vdpau "use" flag, I have to have the vdpau package installed?
6 >
7 > geeeeeze...... there it is in the ebuild.
8 >
9 > Removed the dependency and all compiles/works well.
10
11 Obviously you didn't look at the ebuild for libvdpau. It's only a
12 wrapper. On
13 my system, it's a mere 5960 bytes. libvdpau_trace is only another 51040
14 bytes. Quite why you felt you had to jump through such hoops to create a
15 potentially broken system is beyond me. ;)
18 Be lucky,
19
20 Neil
21 http://www.neiljw.com
25 This message has been scanned for viruses and
26 dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
27 believed to be clean.