From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] P55 Chipset Support
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:10:27
1 Jason Carson wrote:
2 >> Jason Carson wrote:
3 >>
4 >>> Hello everyone,
5 >>>
6 >>> I am considering upgrading to a 64 bit CPU but haven't decided on what I
7 >>> am going to buy. One of the motherboards I am looking at has a P55
8 >>> chipset
9 >>> so my question is will the P55 chipset work with Gentoo? If so where in
10 >>> menuconfig do I configure this?
11 >>>
12 >>> Thanks
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >> How about a link to the mobo. I been googling but p55 is also a network
17 >> card or something. Sort of hard to weed them out.
18 >>
19 >> Dale
20 >>
21 >> :-) :-)
25 > It's the ASRock P55 Deluxe...
26 >
27 > http://www.asrock.com/MB/overview.asp?Model=P55%20Deluxe
33 I found this so far.
34
35 http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel_p55&num=4
36
37 It appears to work. Still looking for the drivers tho. I have never
38 had a Intel that I know of. Sort of poking in the dark here. Since it
39 appears to be working, it may be that you will have to boot the CD and
40 do a lspci -k to see what the CD is using.
41
42 Dale
43