From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-fs/device-mapper
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:36:11
1 On Monday 13 November 2006 19:05, James Colby wrote:
2 > I modified my make.conf file to: CFLAGS="-mtune=athlon -O2
3 > -fomit-frame-pointer"
4 >
5 > and the emerge has been running for about 1/2 hour and is still going
6 > (..and going, and going)
7 >
8 > Any other ideas???
9
10 Dunno. What version of device-mapper are you trying to merge? Versions
11 1.02-7,9,10,12 have all compiled just fine over here. It's not a USE
12 flag setting as device-mapper doesn't have any (except selinux which is
13 irrelevant to the default profile).
14
15 What's the compile doing? I see you don't have PORTAGE_ELOG* set so you
16 won't have full compile session logs in /var/log/portage but you should
17 be able to see on the screen what's happening and make an intelligent
18 summary.
19
20 Also, try unpacking the source somewhere and doing a manual compile.
21 Then at least you'll know if it's portage making the difference or not.
22
23 alan
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list