From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gtypist does not accept ru.typ
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 11:40:04
1 A resend of this message of yesterday, so that it should now appear in the list archives.
4 > On Fri, 1 January 2016, at 4:59 p.m., gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > Below is the additional details of the second answer:
7 >
8 >> Since you build from source on gentoo:
9 >> Can you check whether this appears when running ./configure?
10 >> checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET… yes
11
12 You should see this by re-emerging the package and watching the screen - there should be lots of "checking for" lines during the emerge output. You should be able to scroll back through it all when the package has finished emerging.
13
14 >> Also, which arguments are used for ./configure?
15
16 Look in the ebuild. [1]
17
18 It looks like it's configured with --with-lispdir=/$path/$to/$directory if you have the USE=emacs.
19
20 It looks like it applies an xemacs compatibility patch [2], but I doubt that makes a difference.
21
22 Otherwise, as far as I can see, it uses the makefile's defaults.
23
24 I'm not sure what's going on with "$(use_enable nls)" in the ebuild - perhaps someone else on this list could explain what USE=nls does for this package.
27 >> /* printf("encoding is %s, UTF8=%d\n", locale_encoding, isUTF8Locale); */
28 >>
29 >> If that doesn't help, can you enable to printf above and post the
30 >> output?
31
32 If you run `sudo ebuild /usr/portage/app-misc/gtypist/gtypist-2.9.5.ebuild unpack` you should be able to find the file with that line.
33
34 The "/*" and "*/" make that line into a comment, so "uncomment" it [3] by removing them. Save the file.
35
36 Now you should be able to run `sudo ebuild /usr/portage/app-misc/gtypist/gtypist-2.9.5.ebuild install` to install gtypist with the modified code.
37
38 I haven't done this in a while, so hopefully someone will correct me if I've got anything wrong. My first instinct was to epatch, but I don't think that's necessary.
39
40 HTH,
41
42 Stroller.