From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] visualise openrc initscript start order and dependency tree
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 20:03:25
1 On Thursday, November 7, 2019 4:06:10 PM CET Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 2019-11-07 04:37, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
3 > > I have run into some problems creating openrc initscripts for moosefs -
4 > > is there something that will display the start order/dependency tree?
5 > > Text or graphical doesn't matter.
6 > >
7 > > Bill K.
8 >
9 > rc-status does try to resolve dependencies and list them in order, try
10 > `rc-status -a` - this will list all scripts (including ones not in startup.)
11 >
12 > Dan
13
14 Actually, it doesn't show what is depending on what.
15
16 I had a similar issue and ended up checking every init-script, conf.d file and
17 rc.conf entry and making a dependency-tree manually on a big white-board.
18
19 I haven't found a tool that does this automatically yet.
22 Joost