From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ndiswrapper
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:37:02
1 On Friday 20 April 2007 18:48, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
2 > I am trying to get wireless working on an x86 install using ndiswrapper.
3 > It worked for about 2 days, then stopped for no reason.
4 >
5 > modprobe works:
6 > net5416 : driver installed
7 > device (168C:0024) present
8 >
9 > Although running a standard iwconfig command fails:
10 > Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
11 > SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.
12 >
13 > iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed key hexkey essid local_wireless_wap channel
14 > 11 rate 54M
15
16 Try managed in lower case - may make a difference.
17
18 Also, I assume that where you have "key hexkey" you specify a hexadecimal
19 number? Also, have you set up your /etc/conf.d/net correctly with regards to
20 using the correct module for wep/wap (wap_supplicant)?
21
22 > Here is dmesg:
23 [snip...]
24 > wlan0: encryption modes supported: none
25
26 You need to define the encryption mode and module as suggested above.
27 --
28 Regards,
29 Mick