From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge firefox-52.4.0 compile failure
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 09:10:07
1 On Wednesday, 11 October 2017 04:02:36 BST R0b0t1 wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
3 > wrote:
4 > > What's called Management in ISO9000.
5 >
6 > ISO9000 still lets you shoot yourself in the foot. You just wrote down
7 > that you were going to shoot yourself in the foot well in advance.
8
9 It aims to ensure that what is produced is exactly what is intended. If
10 shooting yourself in the foot is a credible business objective, so be it,
11 but you'd have trouble showing how the business would benefit from it, or in
12 persuading an auditor. Or the shareholders in the business, for that matter.
13
14 ISO9000 operates at company management level, not programmer level.
15
16 Actually, I can't be authoritative on ISO 9000 today; my experience dates
17 back 20 years, to when I got a varied group of 100 software people through
18 an audit against ISO 9001 (long story, not relevant here). I don't suppose
19 the principles will have changed much though.
22 Regards,
23 Peter.