From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] is "scp" reliable?
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 04:46:36
1 On Saturday, May 29, 2021 11:04:44 PM CEST Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Sat, May 29, 2021 at 1:33 PM <thelma@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > <SNIP>
4 >
5 > > Another mystery.
6 > > I copied the file to USB 1TB sandisk.
7 > > md5sum check OK same as my computer
11 > Different revisions of md5sum possibly?
12
13 I have never had issues with different md5sum tools.
14 I often use md5sum along with sha1sum to check file-integrity of downloaded
15 files. The checksums being provided by the source.
16
17 If there are differences, I would definitely suspect memory and CPU.
20 Joost